Universal Studios in Singapore is one of the key attractions in Singapore. The construction of the theme park and resort of the resort was started in 2007 and is the second Universal studios theme park to be opened in Asia – after Japan. The park is the only Universal theme park in South-East Asia and is widely regarded as one-of-the kind theme park in Asia. It took more than 2 years to build this park and it was thrown open to public in the year 2010.
We had planned a visit to the Universal Studios in Sentosa Island during the last day of our trip to Singapore. Having visited the Universal Studios in Los Angeles, I was not very keen on spending an entire day here. But, I read many posts on the net where travelers who had visited the LA park had called out the uniqueness of this park and how it was different and tailor made for Singapore. On hind sight, I did not regret a minute about our decision to spend a day at this wonderful park.
For a detailed itinerary of my Singapore trip read my following blog
Details about the park:
- Open hours: The park is open from 10AM to 8PM. The closing time of the park varies and it would be a good idea to check their website to get the accurate closing time for the day you are visiting. Click here
- Ticket – You can get a day pass online to hassle of queuing up at the park to purchase the ticket. This ticket though does not give you access to the rides Adult (S$74) and child (S$56)
- In order to avoid standing the queue to purchase tickets for the rides, you can purchase “Universal Express” or “Universal Express unlimited” over and above the day pass.
- Universal express tickets start from S$30 and give you access only once to the participating rides. The rides that are included are : Pantages Hollywood Theater, Lights, Camera, Action! Hosted by Steven Spielberg, Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase, TRANSFORMERS The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle, Battlestar Galactica: CYLON, Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN, Accelerator, Revenge of the Mummy, Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure, Dino-Soarin’, WaterWorld, Puss In Boots’ Giant Journey, Shrek 4-D Adventure, Donkey LIVE, Enchanted Airways, Madagascar: A Crate Adventure, King Julien’s Beach Party-Go-Round
- For those who are the adventurous type and would like to repeat the ride more than once, you can purchase the “Universal Express unlimited” for S$50
Since we were planning to spend the entire day at the park, we went ahead and purchased the Day pass along with “Universal Express unlimited”. We had booked our tickets through the travel desk at our hotel and they were able to add a free pick and drop along with the tickets. Came in handy as we did not have to research about the route and spend on expensive cabs.
The theme park is broadly divided into seven zones – Hollywood, New York, Sci-Fi City, Ancient Egypt, Lost World, Far Far away and Madagascar. I will walk you through our experience through a series of photos which speak for themselves 🙂
- Try to reach the park at around 10:00 AM so that you can beat the mid day crowd. The rides tend to get very crowded from 12PM to 2PM
- If possible try to visit the park during a weekday. Weekends tend to generally attract mode visitors and this would mean longer queues everywhere
- Wear comfortable cotton clothes and sneakers. You would be on the move during the entire duration of the visit
- Carry a hat, sun block and couple of bottles of water to keep yourself hydrated. The park has enough eating joints where you can always grab a quick bit and replenish your water supply.
- While purchasing the tickets, it would be a good option to buy the “Universal Express Unlimited” as it avoids the hassles of standing in the queue and buying tickets if you opt to repeat a ride.
- Carry another set of clothing as there are few wonderful water rides. Found many visitors skipping these rides as they were worried about getting drenched.
The park is very well maintained and has ample places to eat, relax and chill out. You can also find many shops from where you can pick up few souvenirs. We reached the park at 10:00 AM and came out of the park at around 6:00 PM and were not bored for a moment. If you are planning a trip to Singapore, do factor-in a day at “Universal Studios”, Sentosa Islands, Singapore.
Like my Facebook page for regular updates on travel experiences
For any other queries, contact me at email@example.com