A 4 nights/ 5 day trip to Singapore was relatively short for us to explore the city in detail. We did manage to cover most of the tourist places that are highlighted in the travel portals but could not cover the places recommended by my friends who have settled in Singapore. As we packed our bags to catch an early morning flight back to India, we could not help but wonder if we could have extended our stay by another couple of days and made a promise that during our next visit to this wonderful city, we would visit the places which define the core values of Singapore.
For a detailed itinerary of my Singapore trip read my following blog
We had an early morning flight to catch for India and were picked up by a cab arranged by our travel agent. We left the hotel by around 5:00 AM and reached the airport in 40 minutes. It was great to zip past the city as traffic at the wee hours was very thin. We went through the boarding and security check formalities quickly and I had a good 2 hours to spend sipping my early morning hot coffee and do a quick check on “How much did this trip dent my bank balance” 🙂
Took out my laptop and started typing all the expenses that I had incurred during my trip. The below chart could be a good reference point for you regarding the budget required to plan a trip to Singapore. Few assumptions and variables that you need to factor-in are:
- All expenses are based on 2 adults
- The hotel that we stayed was a mid-range hotel (3 star). You budget would increase or decrease based on the accommodation that you choose
- Flight tickets fares are subject to demand and the season during which you plan your trip.
- The fares are estimated assuming that you plan your trip in advance and the tickets are booked couple of months before the vacation
- The return ticket fares are estimated for travel from “Bangalore in India” to “Singapore”. This would vary based on your place of origin.
- I am an Indian and hence need a tourist visa before arrival. Please check on the official website of the Singapore Embassy about your visa requirements.
If you need a rough estimate of how much it would cost to visit Singapore, look no further. The snapshot below gives a breakout of the expenses that we incurred during our trip.
Though we ended up spending more than the budget that we had initially allocated, we did not regret it. Most of the places that we visit were the famous tourist spots in Singapore and thus heavily commercialized – that would explain why we overshot the budget.
Like my Facebook page for regular updates on travel experiences
For any other queries, contact me at email@example.com