There are multiple options available in Kodaikanal for tourists to stay and it ain’t a surprise that people have a hard time picking the right option. We were also in a similar dilemma during our visit to Kodaikanal. After hours of research (online and speaking to friends), we zeroed on “Hotel Villa Retreat”, a boutique hotel right next to Coaker’s walk.
We stayed in “Villa Retreat” for couple of days during our Kodaikannal visit in the month of Feb. This has to be one of the best hotels in Kodaikanal. Situated right next to Coaker’s walk, this is an ideal location to camp.
The Location has to be one of the best views of the valley. One can enjoy the amazing view from the restaurant sipping a hot coffee..it was an beautiful experience to see the clouds roll over us during the day time.
The entire hotel is very well maintained and is very clean. The lawns are maintained very well and the rooms are comfortable.
The hotel offers a wide range of room:
- Deluxe room: The room can accommodate max 3 people and is located in the ground floor of the new block which is located at the entrance of the hotel
- Deluxe room with balcony: The room can accommodate max 3 people and is located in the upper floor of the new block. We had opted for this category of room. The room does not have the view of the valley though – the room overlooks the city of Kodaikanal.
- Classic room garden view: Can accommodate 3 people and overlooks the garden. The rooms are located in the old block of the hotel
- Classic room mini: can accommodate only 2 people and it has the view of the valley
- Classic room: This room can accommodate 3 people and has a great view of the valley.
Apart from these rooms, they also have few suite rooms which can accommodate a family.
- The signature suite can accommodate a family of 3,
- The family suite a max of 6 and
- Villa Lakeside which can accommodate a family of 8
B. Hospitality: Well trained staff who take care of all your needs. Our room was neatly laid out and the housekeeping did a great job everyday to keep our room clean. The hot shower in our room did not switch on initially. When we contacted the front desk it was fixed immediately.The staff helped us in planning our visits around Kodaikanal also.
C. Food: The food served was pretty tasty. Good range available for both veggies and non veg. It was not that expensive also.
D. The Wi-Fi offered at the restaurant had good speed.
Not many cons for a hotel which has so much to offer. But there are few small things which could make this hotel even better. Wi-Fi could be made available in rooms and the bathrooms could have been more modern.
Overall we had a great experience and would definitely recommend this hotel to others.